Senior Developer (Tech Expert)
Meet your new team
As software developers, we create software solutions that answer our clients’ business needs. We work on an exciting technology stack that is constantly evolving. Currently it includes AngularJS, D3.js, Mapbox, RxJS, Redux, Webpack, Node.js, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Scala, Spark, Docker.
Our code is tested, peer-reviewed and refactored on a regular basis. We take a pragmatic approach to coding and work with real deadlines. We regularly create innovative prototypes for new applications in our product lines.
We are looking for a senior developer and great individual to join our team. Your main mission will be focused on proactively take up large blocks of work and cover them, end-to-end. More concretely, you will:
- assess the scope, analyze the problem and use your wide technical expertise to deliver the results
- touch upon all components of our product and build a very solid understanding of its architecture
- together with the team and the Tech Lead, make important choices in terms of product architecture and tech stack
- be responsible for coaching the junior developers and put them on the right track
- explore new architectures and technologies as our needs evolve
- Pedagogy is your second nature: you like coaching people, sharing your knowledge and explaining complex topics with simple words.
- You are able to convince your team members while being open to alternatives and constructive criticisms.
- You are pragmatic and comfortable with the fact that the road to high quality is paved with technical trade-offs.
- You know that legitimacy is something you build step by step and not something that is granted.
- You are able to work autonomously on larger problems with limited guidance. You are proactive and you take initiatives.
- You know that having a good plan is key for a smooth implementation. You are able to design technical solutions for complex problems.
- You want to deepen and broaden your technical skills in various domains. You are a fast learner who is willing to extend his comfort zone.
- You have used various architectural design patterns. You understand them and their benefits.
- You have worked with Spark / Scala or similar technologies for the distributed processing of large volumes of data.
- You are comfortable with backend development. You know SQL. REST APIs have no secret for you. Some experience in NodeJS would definitely be a plus.
- Some experience with front-end development is a plus but not mandatory.
- You know that code is nothing without infrastructure. You have a good understanding of Docker. Some experience with other DevOps tools is a plus.
- You are fluent in English and have a technical/ engineering academic background.